The music industry can appear overwhelmingly complex. Navigating around the management of the various music rights can be perplexing. Several factors require specific expertise. Pepflow specializes in the management of music rights in the broadest sense.
Such management of rights contains:
- Acquisition of music rights (representation of songwriters, musical works, (sub)publishers);
- Administration of music rights (registrations of musical works, production of royalty statements);
- Exploitation of music rights (actively shopping of talent and songs towards: performing artists, managers, radio/TV-producers, film producers, multimedia producers, brands and/or add agencies – the so called ‘Synch’ exploitation of uses by sounds under images;
- Clearance of repertoire when used in Synch exploitation (commercials and movies) or with sample uses;
- Creative guidance of songwriters (A&R: find songs and initiate and organize co-write opportunities);
- Discover and (further) development of new artists or songwriters;
- Support of various label activities (long term planning, promotion, marketing, possibilities in the areas of live-entertainment, etc.);
- Registrations of repertoire with DSP’s (including iTunes, Spotify and all other relevant equivalents);
- Administration of neighboring rights (both on behalf of a producer, as well as a musician);
- Legal support (deal negotiations with third parties, plus drafting of contractual parts), contract reviews;
- Support in the areas of (international) licensing, including its required written confirmations and settlements.
Please feel free to contact us if you require any of these services.
You can also forward us your demo’s/productions for review. We are happy to welcome new talent !